Corporate Partnership Manager
EMBL’s Corporate Partnership Programme (CPP) has been in place for several years and has attracted funding for training programmes at the EMBL Advanced Training Centre from first rate companies. To further build and strengthen this programme EMBL is looking to hire a corporate partnerships expert who will take on the overall management of this programme and lead it on to the next level. The Corporate Partnerships Manager works as a member of EMBL’s dynamic and successful Resource Development team and focuses on the development of EMBL’s CPP. He/she works with much independence and will lead all cultivation and stewardship activities associated with the program. He/she will ensure the longevity and further growth of the program by defining its strategic direction, in liaison with the Head of Resource Development.
- Communicate EMBL’s premier role in molecular biology research and training to potential corporate partners, including regional partners at the six EMBL locations.
- Proactively seek new partnership opportunities with corporate partners and take these from initial calling to negotiation and preparation of valid contracts, through to delivery of the agreement.
- Account manage corporate partnerships to maximize partner satisfaction, income and lead generation. Play a key role in gaining long-term support, involving other departments where appropriate.
- Maintain regular two-way communication with corporate partners and ensure prompt and reliable delivery of programme benefits
- Manage production of the CPP News and other collateral material used for marketing the programme to external constituencies.
- Cooperate with EMBL’s training programme team
- Cooperate with the prospect researcher on identifying and researching prospective new partners in Europe and beyond.
- Involve EMBL stakeholders, including EMBL Core Facilities, EMBL’s strong alumni network, EMBLEM and EMBL Ventures in lead generation for corporate support.
- Manage Annual Corporate Networking Dinner and Annual Round Table discussion with Director General as well as other integral events of the CPP.
- Take ownership of ensuring accuracy and ongoing maintenance of database.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate experience and success in corporate partnership or key account management, ideally in the academic/scientific sector. They must be able to self-sufficiently take on the duties and responsibilities described above. The following qualifications and skills are required:
- 5+ years of professional experience in a corporate sponsorship or key account management function.
- Superb customer orientation and excellent personal skills.
- Solid understanding of corporate partner needs and motivations.
- Superior oral and written communication and presentation skills and experience in preparing persuasive letters, proposals, reports and presentations.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information professionally.
- Effective negotiating skills.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Relevant university degree or proof of adequate professional experience.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English.
You might also have
- A good command of an additional European language, especially German.
- A training in a life science discipline.
- An established network of corporate contacts.
Why join us
Why not? Well, EMBL is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research organisation with a very collegial and family friendly working environment. The remuneration package comprises a competitive salary, a comprehensive pension scheme, medical, educational and other social benefits, as well as financial support for relocation and installation, including your family.
What else do I need to know
We are Europe’s flagship research laboratory for the life sciences – an intergovernmental organisation performing scientific research in disciplines including molecular biology, physics, chemistry and computer science. We are an international, innovative and interdisciplinary laboratory with more than 1600 employees from many nations, operating across six sites, in Heidelberg (HQ), Barcelona, Hinxton near Cambridge, Hamburg, Grenoble and Rome.
Our mission is to perform fundamental research in molecular biology; to offer vital services in training scientists, students and visitors at all levels; to develop new instruments and methods in the life sciences and actively engage in technology transfer activities, and to integrate European life science research.
Please note that appointments on fixed term contracts can be renewed, depending on circumstances at the time of the review.