Individual Giving Innovation Fundraising Specialist, German Speaking Markets
Private Sector Fundraising Section (PSFR)
Location: Flexible with frequent travel to Geneva, Switzerland and to German speaking markets.
Reporting to: Individual Giving Manager based in Geneva, Switzerland
Salary: TBD- please indicate daily/monthly rate (in US$)
Duration: 11.5 months
UNICEF is looking for a strong candidate who can help us unlock the full potential of the German speaking fundraising markets. The right person will help us explore new and innovative ways of fundraising in one of Europe’s biggest markets. The role would require you to lead in our search for new channels and methods for acquisition of donors, as well as provide strategic support and capacity building to key national committees seeking to accelerate growth of new pledge donor revenue streams.
The Private Sector Fundraising (PSFR) section within PFP works with National Committees and UNICEF Country Offices to maximize income and drive income growth. The purpose of the Individual Giving Fundraising team is to drive income growth from Individuals as part of an integrated Individual recruitment and engagement strategy.
Part of this strategy is focusing on exploring new and innovative ways of fundraising in new and existing markets, including developing new channels and methods for acquisition of donors and in providing strategic support and capacity building to key national committees seeking to accelerate growth of new pledge donor revenue streams. The purpose of this position is to support those efforts, with a specific focus on the German speaking markets.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Under the general guidance of the Individual Giving Manager, the incumbent will work closely together with the identified German speaking National Committees to maximize local Individual giving fundraising.
The incumbent will have the following specific responsibilities:
Development of new and innovative ways for pledge donor acquisition in German speaking countries, including (but not exhaustive):
- Research into and mapping of successful acquisition channels and -methods in other countries and businesses
- Analysis of relevant trends
- Realization of Creative-/Innovation-Workshops
- Development and realization of pilot projects (channels and/or methods)
- Undertaking of feasibility studies and business cases for potential roll outs
Deliverables include developing and conceptualizing, in coordination with the relevant National Comittees and the guidance of the Head of Individual Giving new fundraising ideas ready to pilot. Where relevant and as needed collaborate in rolling out and evaluating on new initiatives.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- University / Business School degree in Business Management, Communication, Marketing, International Relations, Social Sciences or equivalent professional work experience in Fundraising
- Minimum 5 years of fundraising experience in local or international NGO, including sound experience in the field of pledge/recurring giving donor fundraising
- Digitally savvy with good knowledge about trends and developments
- Strong analytical and creative skills
- Strong commitment and innovative spirit, highly passionate about developing new paths
- Experience in project management (incl. project lead) and innovation processes
- Profound communication and team working skills
- Ability to work independently and to meet tight deadlines
- Fluency and excellent writing and editing skills in German, good working knowledge in English
Additionally, the following competencies are required (LI, LII and LIII indicate the level required on a three-point scale, LIII being the highest):
UNICEF Core Values
- Diversity and Inclusion
UNICEF Core Competencies
- Drive for Results (LIII)
- Communication (LIII)
- Working with People (LII)
UNICEF Functional Competencies
- Entrepreneurial Thinking (LIIl)
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts (LII)
- Analysing (LII)
- Relating and Networking (LII)
- Persuading and Influencing (LII)
ESTIMATED DURATION OF THE CONTRACT AND PROPOSAL: 11.5 months
The incumbent will work under the supervision of the Individual Giving Manager in Geneva. The incumbent will provide support and recommendations to the National Committee Individual Giving management.
This assignment requires frequent travel to Geneva, Switzerland and to visit Individual Giving teams within the German speaking markets.
REMUNERATION, LOCATION AND AVAILABILITY:
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume (no photos) in strict confidence by email only to: email@example.com. Please let us know where you saw the post advertised.
Please ensure that they are sent as Word or PDF documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV” Please put “UNICEF –IG Innovation FR Specialist Consultancy” in the email subject line.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
The deadline for applications is Sunday April 8th, 2018