Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
We are looking for YOU to join our awesome tech team which you see on the picture!
Start: February 2018 - Offices: Berlin - fulltime
Your opportunities and responsibilities at Kiron:
- Be part of the Product-Tech Team and contribute to further developing our Kiron Campus– composed of a single-page application built using React.js.
- Collaborate with other team members from engineering, product and design, as well as with internal stakeholders, to craft clear, customized solutions to user needs.
- Take ownership for the features you are building for the Kiron Platforms.
- Influence and advance the UI and UX design of our applications.
Your set of skills:
- You have a good understanding for the architecture of a single page web application.
- You are familiar with a continuous development workflow.
- You are a team player and value open communication.
- You are fluent in English.
- The chance to be part of a fun, dynamic, international, interdisciplinary, and highly committed team.
- The chance to shape a fast-growing social startup with your initiative and creative input.
- A (mostly) bleeding edge tech stack, using React, GraphQL, Laravel, and PostgreSQL, containerized, orchestrated by Kubernetes.
- Flexible working hours at our Berlin location.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “FE + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file, up until 21.01.2017.
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with disability.
The job does not fit your profile? But you want to join our team?
Kiron is currently recruiting for different paid positions, and many internship opportunities. More at www.kiron.ngo.