Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. We are a team of 70 education experts, techies, student supporters, project managers, communicators, grant writers, business people, organizers, analysts, coffee-drinkers, dreamers and doers, who work together on this mission everyday.
The job offer is part of a project and is subject to approval of the funds.
Start: February or later - Offices: Berlin - fulltime
Your opportunities and responsibilities at Kiron:
- Work with our Product & Tech team to introduce technical innovations and lightweight solutions that provide a stable and secure infrastructure for the entire organisation.
- Contribute to our mobile-first single page web application that gives access to higher education for refugees.
- Be part of a culture of learning and optimization by analyzing workflows, establishing priorities, developing standards and leading sprints.
- Take responsibility for the features and services you are building.
Your set of skills:
- You have experience working with 3rd party open source tools which integrate into a custom stack.
- You are experienced with continuous integration and deployment and cloud architecture.
- You are familiar with the services and structures of the public cloud and container management (AWS is a plus).
- You are fluent in English (C1, according to the The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages), German is a plus.
- The opportunity to work in a fun, dynamic, international, interdisciplinary, and highly committed team.
- The chance to shape a fast-growing social startup with your initiative and creative input.
- A (mostly) bleeding edge tech stack, using React, GraphQL, Laravel, and PostgreSQL, containerized, orchestrated by Kubernetes.
- Flexible working hours at our Berlin location.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We don´t particularly believe in CVs and cover letters! Just send us an e-mail with the subject “BE + your name” and include whatever you think showcases best your skills and you as a person as a single PDF file until the 31st of January to
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with disability.
The job does not fit your profile? But you want to join our team?
Kiron is currently recruiting for different paid positions, and many volunteering/ internship opportunities. More at www.kiron.ngo.