Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. We are a team of 70 education experts, techies, student supporters, project managers, communicators, grant writers, business people, organizers, analysts, coffee-drinkers, dreamers and doers, who work together on this mission everyday.
The job offer is part of a project and is subject to approval of the funds.
Team Lead University Access for Refugees
Start: April 2018 or later - Office: Berlin - full time
Your opportunities and responsibilities at Kiron:
- You collaborate with the Chief Educational Programme Officer and several other teams to define Kiron’s global program strategy to increase the number of university transfers amongst our students.
- You are responsible for leading and implementing the transfer strategy across teams in order to meet ambitious student outcomes.
- You collaborate with the Product and Tech team as well as other Education teams on the platform development to implement digital features and services for university transfer.
- You work with your team to create a strategic student recruitment & communication plan that raises awareness of Kiron’s program in our target group.
- You are responsible for building and leading a team and implementing lean processes in the area of Transfer Guidance and Academic & Transfer Partnership Management (6 people).
Your set of skills:
- You have a relevant university degree and at least 5+ years work experience, with at least 2 years in project management and leading teams.
- Work experience in the German and/or international higher education sector or in the field of university access for international students are of advantage.
- You love to build up processes and manage stakeholders in a complex environment to reach ambitious goals.
- You are eager to wrap your head around the iterative development of an online platform. Experience with managing digital products would amaze us!
- You are experienced in communicating with people who are educationally disadvantaged.
- You have good written and oral communication skills in German and English (at least C1).
- The opportunity to lead a fun, dynamic, international, interdisciplinary, and highly committed team.
- The chance to shape a fast-growing social startup with your initiative and creative input.
- A competitive salary within the social sector.
- Flexible working hours at our Berlin location.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “TL + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file until 09.02.2018
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with disability.
The job does not fit your profile? But you want to join our team?
Kiron is currently recruiting for different paid positions, and many volunteering/ internship opportunities. More at www.kiron.ngo.