(Volunteer Position: Berlin, Germany 16 Hours/Week)
Have you got a way with words and a critical eye for detail? Skateistan is seeking an enthusiastic individual with a passion for non-profit work and interest in skateboarding or action sports, to join our team for a six-month volunteer position.
The successful candidate is looking for the opportunity to gain valuable experience in the field of 'Sport for Development'.
You want to have the opportunity to work with Skateistan's Development Manager as well as a motivated and innovative fundraising team. Skateistan's mission, and help seek out new revenue streams for Skateistan from foundations, governments and other institutions. There is also the opportunity to get creative with the team, assisting with Skateistan's Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning activities. Enthusiasm is key as it's a big year for Skateistan in 2018!
This is a volunteer position of 16 hours per week, for 6 months. This uncompensated position provides office perks, flexible hours and hands-on experience, and is based at Skateistan's headquarters in Berlin, Germany.
Position Core Responsibilities:
- Assisting in the production of grant and award applications and reports
- Grants research
- Helping to organize and maximize the use of skating schools around the world
- Assisting with Skateistan's Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning activities
- Coordinating with Communications donors are recognized when appropriate
- Assisting the Development Manager with other tasks as needed
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Berlin-based for a minimum of six months
- Able to commit 16 hours/week during regular office hours (Tues-Fri, 9am-5pm)
- Native-level English (written/spoken)
- Experience in research, proposal writing, or other writing and editing tasks
- Good communication skills
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Self-motivated and strong attention to detail
- Passionate about sport for development, education or skateboarding
- Graduate or student of Development Studies, Communications, Journalism, or related degree program with a strong emphasis on writing
- Experience in administration, or office environment
- Experience volunteering for a nonprofit
- German language skills are an asset
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com with the subject GRANTS VOLUNTEER.
Students are welcome to apply and seek credit through the position.
February 20, 2018. Start date for the position will be the 19th of February.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.