Operations Coordinator - CO201701
The International Civil Society Centre helps the world’s leading international civil society organisations (ICSOs) maximise their impact for a sustainable and more equitable world.
The International Civil Society Centre (the Centre) works with ICSOs to develop strategies to successfully navigate change. We scan the horizon for exciting opportunities; enable learning and cooperation among ICSOs and their stakeholders; support ICSOs in developing effective leadership; and promote robust accountability to strengthen ICSOs’ legitimacy. The Centre is a not-for-profit organisation fully owned by the organisations it serves. We strive to set high standards in management, governance and strategy for ICSOs and the wider sector.
The Centre is currently looking for an Operations Coordinator to join our team!
This is a key position in the administration and coordination of the Centre, working closely with the executive management to continuously develop operations to best serve the Centre’s needs. To support our ambitious and high-quality team, we are looking for a self-driven, organised and dynamic team member to apply and further develop their administrative and management skills.
The Operations Coordinator will mainly work on the following tasks:
Provide proficient support to the Deputy Executive Director (DED) in organisational matters and communication
- Administer calendar, organise meetings, calls and travels;
- Support the DED in recruitment processes;
- Liaise with other team members on overlaps between matters related to the Executive Team;
- Monitor and update assigned budgets.
Take the lead on office management
- Uphold effective channels of communication within the team e.g. preparing and sending the office newsletter, organising team breakfasts etc.;
- Maintain and update office handbooks and policies;
- Administer the Centre’s IT infrastructure (Office 365, Sharepoint, GoTo Meeting) together with the external IT service provider;
- Liaise with service providers to ensure smooth running of the office, e.g. facility management, office stationery etc.
Take the lead on HR administration
- Administer payroll and all HR-related tasks together with the external service provider;
- Draft job announcements and contracts;
- Manage applications and interviews;
- Liaise with team members to ensure smooth induction of new team members.
The Operations Coordinator reports to the Deputy Executive Director but works with all team members on a daily basis.
What we are looking for
A motivated team member with the following profile:
- Initial professional experience in office management;
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills, ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Independent and proactive attitude, strong sense of ownership for assigned areas of responsibility;
- Ability to work in a team and in a structured and independent manner;
- Strong communication skills, fluent in English and German;
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), conferencing systems and cloud-based IT systems is a strong asset.
- An insight into the challenges and opportunities in the civil society sector;
- The opportunity to be part of a young, dynamic and ambitious organisation supporting the world’s largest ICSOs;
- A team-oriented and international work environment;
- The chance to work with highly motivated, enthusiastic colleagues.
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Holidays: 26 days p.a.
Salary: 2.300 – 2.500 EUR per month before tax, depending on experience
Term: permanent, 100% FTE, with a six-months probation period
Location: Berlin, Germany
Starting date: as soon as possible
Application for the position
Your application should:
- include a CV (English),
- short cover letter (English) laying out why you are motivated to take up this position and when you would be available to start,
- be submitted through our online application form by 21 November 2017. Please send your application in one PDF-document, stating your name and the job reference OC201701 in the document title.
Please note that we can only consider candidates with a work permit for the EU.
Interviews will take place on 28 November in Berlin. Please note that we can only contact short-listed candidates.
We look forward to receiving your application!