Office: Berlin – fulltime
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Plan, implement and manage projects, including financial monitoring and the coordination of project-related operations.
- Liaise and communicate with funders, partners and external experts.
- Distribute and monitor work packages within the team .
- Ensure on-time reporting to the funding institutions.
- Administer the project budget and prepare project controlling tasks.
- Participate in the development of new projects and support in grant writing.
Your set of skills
- You have at least a Bachelor Degree and at least 1-year work experience managing public funded projects, ideally including several stakeholders.
- You have experience planning and managing a project budget, certifications in Project Management Methodologies (e.g. PMI) are an asset.
- You have excellent German and English (min. C1 level) spoken and written skills and you feel confident in writing proposals in both languages.
- You have shown strategic understanding and thinking in order to convert our program in project proposals, ideally you can provide a track record of successfully submitted grants.
- You are goal-oriented and able to work together with other teams in an objective and efficient manner, communicating deliverables and processes clearly.
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup with several stakeholders (refugees, corporations, NGOs, higher education and public sector institutions).
- A competitive salary within the social sector.
- Flexible working hours (incl. Home Office) at our Berlin location.
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with disability.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “PM1 + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English in a single PDF file until the 12th of January.
The job does not fit your profile? Kiron is currently recruiting many different positions, and many volunteering / internship opportunities.