Skate Project Specialist
Skateistan is looking for an enthusiastic individual with a passion for nonprofit work to join our award-winning organization as a Skate Project Specialist. Aiming to increase the global impact of social skate projects across the world, the skate project Specialist wants to support skateistan to deliver its programming knowledge to 2018. The 9-month pilot pilot will result in a set of Skills tools for use by Social Skate Projects worldwide, as well as to develop recommendations for the future scaling of Skateistan's activities through community support and knowledge sharing.
In cooperation with previously selected Social Skate Projects, the Skate Project Specialist intends to provide additional in-depth, tailored guidance to support the following projects:
- Creating new opportunities for girls to participate in sports and education
- Develop inclusive programming aimed at including disabled and other vulnerable groups
- Promote equality in their communities
- Implement sustainable staffing models
- Develop financial literacy for sustainable program support
- Lead innovative community-based solutions to social problems
- Build good governance and strong donor accountability
The successful candidate has an excellent understanding of the roles of sport and play in child and youth development, as well as a strong understanding of women's participation in community based development programs.
Skateistan's HQ in Berlin with the contract period for social skate projects worldwide.
- Work with the Programs Director to create and follow a project plan
- Coordinate training visits to the Skateistan skate schools & Social Skate Projects
- Coordinate with Programs Director and Finance Manager to manage the project budget
Community Development & Networking
- Develop a tailored support plan for each social skate project, within the project's scope & test pilot training resources
- Set up support calls for the 3 participating social skate projects, with appropriate Skateistan experts on staff
- Maintain strong relationships between Skateistan and participating projects
- Facilitate connections and knowledge sharing throughout the duration of the project
- Build meaningful partnerships with other Action Sports for Development projects.
- Work closely with the Programs Director and Programs Manager to consolidate existing Skateistan knowledge, with the biggest focus on programs processes and training information. This may include the creation of original process and policy documents
- Create first draft training resources for testing
- Design & write content for text-based guides and training materials:
- Child Protection guidelines
- Youth Leadership guidelines
- Inclusive programs guidelines
Community engagement guidelines
- Back to School program start up guidelines
- Creative curriculum training package
- Skate class training package
- Monitoring and Evaluation training package
- Organizational capacity building training package
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Design and implement basic M&E for the project
- Solicit evaluative/qualitative feedback from participants
- Assess success at reaching project outcomes.
- Share findings internally
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree or higher in International Development, Education, Social Work or related field
- 5 years management experience - people or projects with demonstrated experience with participatory training development
- 3 years experience managing community development initiatives in developing country, especially for children & youth
- Extensive experience creating original educational materials and facilitating professional training for delivery of youth programs
- Sport for Development experience is an asset
Competencies and Knowledge:
- Experience working with children
- Experience as a consultant
- Native level command of English
- Proficiency in other languages desirable
- Ability to manage digital technology projects and building digital tools
- Knowledgeable and passionate about Social Skate Projects’s, skateboarding and youth culture
- Strong written and communication skills
- Proven ability to create networks and utilise partners to achieve results
- Sound knowledge of theories in the field of ‘Sports & Development’ and ‘International Development’
- Familiar with gender and human rights, women’s empowerment, feminist issues and/or anti-oppression work, either from studies or in a professional context
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Proficient computer skills using G suite (Google Drive, docs, sheets)
- Experience developing engaging visual and written training materials
- Experience working or living with different cultures( time spent in developing countries strongly preferred)
- Organized and self-motivated with an ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, tasks efficiently
The Skate Project Specialist is a 9-month contract paid position beginning January 2018, and includes monthly salary and benefits (paid vacation, medical insurance, work related flights, in-country accommodation).
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV, Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Skate Project Specialist’.
Link to job description: https://www.skateistan.org/vacancies/
The deadline to apply for this position is December 15th.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.