Development Volunteer Position
(Berlin, Germany 16 hours/week)
Skateistan is looking for a volunteer to join our team at our headquarters in Berlin! Here is your opportunity to join our award-winning program and help Skateistan continue its mission of spreading the shred to youth across the globe.
Get involved and assist Skateistan from our headquarters in Berlin! Skateistan is currently seeking an enthusiastic individual with a passion for non-profit work to join our team as a Development Volunteer in a six-month volunteer position. The position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to build experience and to gain insight into the workings of an International NGO that is recognized for its innovation in the field of Sport for Development.
As Development Volunteer, you will have the opportunity to work together closely with Skateistan's Development Manager, and a motivated and innovative fundraising and communications team. In this position you'll be the lead on handling general donor support, you'll ensure all communication with individual donors is streamlined and consistent with our brand and mission, and you'll contribute to the organization's strategy and outreach to supporters. You'll also have the opportunity to research prospective high profile individual supporters, foundations, and other institutions and stay on top of cross-departmental communication about specific donors, and donation issues and deadlines.
This is a volunteer position of 16 hours a week, from November 2017 through to April 2018. This uncompensated position provides office perks, flexible hours and hands-on experience, and is based at Skateistan’s headquarters in Berlin, Germany.
Position Core Responsibilities:
- Donor engagement
- Acknowledgement and stewardship
- Updating and organizing donor database
- Assisting in the development of print and online promotional materials and guides
- Contributing written work for donor updates
- Responding to development and other general inquiry emails
- Individual donor support
- Preparing merchandise and materials for events
- Development Department purchases
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Berlin-based for a minimum of six months
- Able to commit 16 hours/week during regular office hours (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm)
- Native-level English (written/spoken)
- Experience in research, proposal writing, or other writing and editing tasks
- Good communication skills
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Time management skills
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Self-motivated and strong attention to detail
- Graduate or student of Development Studies, Communications, Journalism, or related degree program with a strong emphasis on writing
- Experience in administrative or office environment
- Experience volunteering for a non-profit
- German language skills are an asset
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send CV, cover letter, and a writing sample in PDF format to email@example.com with the subject DEVELOPMENT INTERN.
Students are welcome to apply and seek university credits through the position.
The deadline to apply for this position is October 30th 2017. Interviews for this position will take place between 31st October and 3rd November, 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.