Chief Partnerships Officer
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model, Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students, and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree.
Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists, and business specialists.
Your opportunities and responsibilities at Kiron:
- You collaborate with the CEO to define Kiron’s funding strategy and are responsible for key account management and communication with donors
- You effectively manage and further enhance Kiron’s international multi-stakeholder network including corporates, public and governmental institutions as well as NGOs.
- You ensure the alignment of grant proposals internally as well as the communication of project goals to our teams and project progress to our partners.
- You develop and implement an integrated strategic outreach plan that raises awareness of Kiron’s program and increases the impact across key stakeholder audiences.
- You become part of the management board> and are responsible for building and leading a team of 7 project managers, grant writers and corporate relations managers.
Your set of skills:
- You have 5-plus years of professional experience and 1-plus year management experience, ideally in a German non-profit organization, academic or governmental institution
- You have a strong and active network (governments, corporates, and/ or international foundations) and a proven track record of fundraising.
- You are able to convert our program in partner-specific fundraising opportunities, to leverage partnership potentials and to position our organization in order to achieve tangible outcomes.
- You have excellent communication skills in German and English, both written and spoken (C1 according to CEFRL) and representative skills to speak at conferences.
- You have a strong passion for our cause and you are motivated to work hard to reach our goals.
- High level of individual responsibility and entrepreneurial flexibility regarding the improvement of operations in a unique organization.
- A diverse work environment bringing together experts, stakeholders and an international team from the areas of education, NGO, and Tech.
- The atmosphere of a young, innovative, social organization and the chance to take up speed to reach impact with a dynamic and intrinsically motivated team.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “CPaO + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file, up until 07.11.2017.
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with a disability.