Chief Financial Officer
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model, Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students, and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree.
Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists, and business specialists.
Your opportunities and responsibilities at Kiron:
- You implement control systems and processes to ensure fiscally sound and legal operations in a mainly project-financed organization.
- You develop and continuously evaluate short and long-term strategic financial planning, manage the organization’s cash flow and lead the annual budgeting process.
- You are responsible for setting up the organizations’ Human Resources and Finance processes as well as developing the respective policies.
- You become part of the management board and are responsible for building and leading a team in the following areas: Human Resources Management, Finance, and Legal (6 employees).
Your set of skills:
- You have 5-plus years of professional experience and 1-plus year management experience, ideally in a German non-profit organization, academic or governmental institution.
- You have a financial background and/or experience in controlling (e.g. Human Resources / Finance / Project controlling) and are familiar with financial management and accounting standards, policies, and procedures, ideally including not-for-profit GAAP.
- You have strong quantitative analysis and problem-solving skills as well as a track record in implementing systems and processes that enable effectiveness.
- You have excellent communication skills in German and English, both written and spoken (C1 according to CEFRL).
- You have a strong passion for our cause and you are motivated to work hard to reach our goals.
- High level of individual responsibility and entrepreneurial flexibility regarding the improvement of operations in a unique organization.
- diverse work environment bringing together experts, stakeholders and an international team from the areas of education, NGO, and Tech.
- The atmosphere of a young, innovative, social organization and the chance to take up speed to reach impact with a dynamic and intrinsically motivated team.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “CFO + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file, up until 07.11.2017.
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with a disability.