Skateistan is looking for an Administration & Finance Assistant to join the team at its headquarters in Berlin! Here is your opportunity to join our award-winning program and help Skateistan continue its mission of spreading the shred to youth across the globe.
Administration & Finance Assistant
(20 hours/week, 950 EUR gross/month), Berlin, Germany
Skateistan is currently seeking an enthusiastic individual with a passion for non-profit work. Since opening its headquarters in Berlin five years ago, Skateistan has significantly increased the number of its students, schools and staff and has become recognized for its innovative approach in the field of Sport for Development. Now, with its office as busy as ever, Skateistan is looking for the right person to join our team and help manage administration and operational requirements, to help keep things rolling at its headquarters. As the Administration & Finance Assistant you will have the opportunity to work together closely with Skateistan's motivated and innovative Communications, Development and Finance teams, as well the organization’s Executive Director.
- Answer and direct office phone calls
- Greet office visitors
- Manage office mail, fulfilling office stationery requirements and general office organization
- Answer general inquiry emails
- Assisting the Finance Manager with basic bookeeping
- Manage travel bookings and related logistics for Skateistan staff
- Manage the daily requirements of Skateistan’s merchandise line including inventory re-orders, communication with the fulfillment center, email communication with customers and sales invoicing
- Provide extra support to the Executive Director with travel bookings, general administrative tasks and meeting follow-up, in particular entering contacts and information into the database
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 2 years administrative or assistant experience
- 20 hours per week - 4 hours per day
- Berlin-based for a minimum of 12 months
- Native German speaker
- Fluent English language skills (written/spoken)
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Time management skills
- Good communication skills
- Self-motivated with a strong attention to detail
- Graduate or student of Marketing, Business Studies, Communications, or related degree program
- Experience working for a non-profit
- Experience working with a bookkeeping system
- Experience with Photoshop
- Experience with Indesign
The Administration & Finance Assistant is a part-time paid position beginning November 2017.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Administration & Finance Assistant.
Application Closing Date: October 5, 2017
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.