Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Minijob in Curriculum Development: Computer Science
Start: March 2017 - Office: Berlin
Your opportunities and responsibilities at Kiron:
- Supporting the development and maintenance of online curricula for computer science and mathematics.
- Testing of online courses and digital study materials for individual modules.
- Preparing equivalence tables for study programs at academic partner institutions.
- Planning complementary interactive courses with our Direct Academics Department.
Your set of skills:
- You are in your last year of bachelor’s studies or enrolled in a master’s or doctoral program in the field of computer science or mathematics or you have relevant experience in the field of higher education or online education.
- You are familiar with computer science and/or mathematics curriculum structures.
- You are familiar with the academic work environment at higher education institutions.
- You are fluent in English and German.
- You are proficient in using office software suites (e.g. MS Office, Google Suite).
- You are familiar with task management and organisational communication software.
- You share the vision of free education worldwide for refugees.
- You are a self-starter, hard-working, adaptive and have an entrepreneurial mind-set.
- 450 € monthly salary, 45 hrs/month, flexible working hours
- Opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your initiative and creative input
- Insight in the didactical design of higher education in computer science.
- Attractive office location in Berlin-Mitte
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “Minijob CS” to
Please include your cover letter, CV and earliest starting date in English in a single PDF file until the 28th of February.
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with disability.