Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Start: April 2017 - Offices: Berlin or Munich - full-time
Your opportunities and responsibilities at Kiron:
- For a targeted group of Kiron students
- Maintain a student profile
- Track student progress
- Plan, track and evaluate all guidance, interventions, services and communications impact on student activity and success
- Use various off and online tools to provide direct guidance to Kiron students
Your set of skills:
- You have 3-5 years experience in student counseling in a higher education institution
- You are fluent in English and German and are used to the MS Office Package
- You have a bachelor´s degree in any relevant field of study, a plus: pedagogical background
- A plus: experience working with a refugee or migrant population
- The opportunity to help build a student guidance and communications team that is linked to all of Kiron´s student services
- The opportunity to support Kiron students to meet their chosen pathway milestones and goals
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
- Flexible working hours at one of our locations.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “STU + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file until the 28th of february to
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with disability.
The job does not fit your profile? But you want to join our team? Kiron is currently recruiting for different paid positions, and many volunteering/internship opportunities. More at www.kiron.ngo.